Science has always remained a favourite stream among the students when they are required to make a stream choice after class 10 board examination. Students who have opted for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics (PCMB) have a long list of career options, which they can pursue after class 12.
The combination of Mathematics and Biology is quite interesting, and the career options in this field are immense. For the perusal of the students, we are offering a list of some of the lucrative career options for class 12 Maths-Bio students.
- Biostatistics: The branch of Biostatistics deals with the development and application of statistical methods to conduct research activities in the field of medicine, biology, and public health. For pursuing a course in Biostatistics, the prerequisites are computer skills and strong analytical skills. Biostatisticians can use their knowledge of science, mathematics, and statistics to work in the healthcare domain in private or public sector organizations. The job profile includes reviewing the clinical studies, statistics, and data of the documents.
- Bioinformatics: Bioinformatics is the application of information technology to study living things and biological processes by the use of mathematical modelling, statistics, simulation studies, and analytical methods. This branch of study uses the principles of Statistics, Computer Science, and Biology. Those who are studying bioinformatics will find a job in the field of genomics, medical science, agricultural science, and veterinary science.
- Biotechnology: Biotechnology courses use the concepts of Biology for bringing modifications in the study of biological systems. This technology is used in the understanding of living organisms and for the conduction of research to enhance developments in the sectors of healthcare, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, etc. Biotechnologists can find a job in the field of agriculture, animal husbandry, environmental conservation, etc. They can also work as researches and play their role in the development of medicines and vaccines, and fertilizers and pesticides.
- Mathematical Biology: Mathematical Biology is a career option which uses mathematical modelling to explain the biological processes. The programs offered in this course offer insight into biological cell models, computational mathematics, and Biophysics. After getting a degree in Mathematical Biology, students can choose a career in many domains as a researcher or a professor.
- Bioengineering: The branch of Bioengineering involves the analysis of biological processes and medical problems by using the principles of engineering. Bioengineers can choose to engage themselves in research activities by selecting a specific branch of Bioengineering, or they can find work in industries which design medical and scientific equipment such as artificial hearts and limbs. Introduction of computer-aided surgery and developments in tissue engineering are taking place progressively, and bioengineers will continue to play their role in this industry by bringing in more such developments.
- Biophysics: Biophysics is the science of the theories and methods of physics and the application of physical laws to study biological phenomena. Biophysicists use mathematical tools to study and understand the biological process and to quantify them. Biophysicists work towards newer technologies and developments to overcome diseases and cure rare diseases.
- Astrobiology: Considered a branch of Astronomy, Astrobiology is a multi-disciplinary branch of science which combines Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, and Ecology. In this course, students can study the science of life and how life evolved on earth. Students can know the various research procedures undertaken to search for habitable environments in the solar system and outer space.
- Biomechanics: Biomechanics deals with the study of the structure, function, and motion of mechanical aspects of biological systems. Biomechanists use the principles of mechanical engineering to study the effects of force on the body parts. The branch of Biomechanics is divided into Kinesiology, Statics, Dynamics, Temporal Analysis, Kinetics, and Kinematics. One of the lucrative career options after studying Bio-mechanics is to become a sports biomechanist and assist athletes in improving their performance.
- Biochemistry: Biochemistry is the branch of study which deals with the chemical reactions taking place in living organisms because of the biological processes. The branch of Biochemistry attempts to understand the evolution of living organisms and their contribution to the environment and other living organisms. Biochemists can choose from a variety of specializations. After completing the course of Biochemistry, a person can make a career as a bio-technologist, research scientist, laboratory technician, pharmacologist, etc.
To be able to choose any of these career options after class 12, you need to clear your board examination with good grades. For that, students are advised to revise the syllabus thoroughly, especially the NCERT books as maximum questions are asked from these books. If you feel stuck in any of the questions, you can refer to the, which facilitate easy understanding by providing you with a step-by-step solution to the questions.
Prepare well and focus on your class 12 board examination. Once you ace the examination, you can choose any of the career options mentioned above and make a successful career.
The postappeared first on .